The official name of Nepal is the Federal Democratic Republic of Nepal. Nepal is one of the old landlocked countries in South Asia with of Area of 147,181 sq.km.Nepal is located between India and China and its capital city is Kathmandu.
The official language of Nepal is Nepali and Currency is Rupee. Nepal is a country where you will find breathtaking beauty and diversity of cultures.you will never find anywhere in the world. The land of peace, the birthplace of Gautam Buddha and roof of the world, Mount Everest.
SOME INTERESTING FACTS OF NEPAL
- Nepal has a very different flag and the only flag in the world i.e two triangular shape and other country has a quadrilateral shape. Those two triangular shapes directly represent Hinduism and Buddhism and also represents the Himalayan mountain.
- Nepal time is based on Mt. Everest and is not the time zone line which is 45 min off the Coordinated Universal Time. The time has some variation inside the countries. Himalayan time is slightly different than the Terai region.
- Nepal is dominated by Hinduism and Buddhism. The are two main religion people mostly follow. Hinduism has almost more festivals than other festivals in the world. The Birthplace of Gautam Buddha who is light of Asia. The teachings of Buddha are followed all over the world. Lumbini is the birthplace of Gautam Buddha son of Mayadevi.
- Nepal has a very different type of hospitality and loyalty clapping by the hand in the chest level and bow down their forehead and say “Namaste” Which means hello, goodbye, thank you.
- The official language of Nepal is Nepali but people from different regions, ethnic groups caste group speak more than hundreds of different languages. This is not an ascent but pure a language and some Nepalese cannot communicate as they speak own local community language which is very interesting and completely different from other languages.
- Kumari is the only living goddess in the world and are the incarnations of the goddess Taleju Bhawani and live in temples, actually, kumari represents the virgin women and worship as a god and is the divine female energy believed in Hindu religion and traditions. People from the different parts of the world visit Nepal to see the only living goddess and worship them believing them as a god and learn something different in life.
- Nepal has three regions, they are Himalayan region, Hilly region and Terai region and has a variety of flora and fauna. We are very rich in natural diversity ie you will not get the same environment, weather, climate as you move from the Hilly to Himalayan or Himalayan to Terai. We more than 100 species, all total 870 different species of birds, located in a single region. One horn rhino is only found in Nepal, spinny babbler is also a bird only found in Nepal.
- We have world highest peak called Mount Everest located in the Himalayan region in Solukhumbu district, Namche Bazaar. The first person to climb Mount Everest is Sherpa guide Tenzing Norgay Sherpa and British explorer Sir Edmund Hillary. Tenzing-Hillary Airport is one of the dangerous airports in the world which was built under the supervision of Edmund Hillary. We have approximately seventy-year-old Mountain.we also has eight of the earth’s ten tallest mountains in the
the world which is all above 8000 meters above sea level.
- Nepal has the highest place lake on the earth which is Tilicho Lake at a height of 4,800 meters and the deepest lake on the earth is Shey Phoksundo.
- Nepal is also the home of more than 650 different species of butterflies and the world’s largest moth including honey bee. It is also home to many endangered wild animals or the species including the red panda, the beautiful snow leopard, and the one-horned rhino inside the territory of Nepal